Monday, September 26, 2011

The circle of life...

...as a writer, that is, goes like this: write, edit, submit, repeat. Or write, edit, submit, submit, submit, submit...

I guess that's not really a circle. More like an endless spiral. I just got a story rejected. This story has never received any accolades or anything, and it is one I wrote a few years ago. I believe I am going to try it out a few more times to professional markets, and then if no one accepts it, I will self-publish it. Another option could be a major rewrite. The story might be too short. Readers might not be spending enough time with the characters to really sympathize with them. Who knows.

I'm exhausted today. I need to do a bit more school planning and figure out a plan for the year (looking at the timing of festivals and other things in the big picture), but I really don't think I will be able to accomplish much unless I lie down for a couple minutes and have a quick rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment